HHS releases HIPAA final rule
The most eagerly awaited—if not anxiety-laden—set of regulations in the healthcare spectrum arrived late Thursday: HHS issued modifications to the HIPAA Privacy, Security, Enforcement, and Breach Notification Rules. "This final rule is comprised of four final rules," HHS explains in the document, "which have been combined to reduce the impact and number of times certain compliance activities need to be undertaken by the regulated entities."
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers