Aetna, Texas Health Resources establish ACO
Arlington-based Texas Health Resources has established its second accountable care organization with a commercial insurer in as many weeks. Tuesday, THR said it had reached agreement with Aetna to create an ACO in the Dallas-Fort Worth area to raise the quality of care and lower the cost. Tuesday's announcement did not mention a number, but a spokesman said the ACO would initially involve about 21,000 members and could double in size in a year. It will launch sometime this year.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care