Aetna, Texas Health Resources establish ACO
Arlington-based Texas Health Resources has established its second accountable care organization with a commercial insurer in as many weeks. Tuesday, THR said it had reached agreement with Aetna to create an ACO in the Dallas-Fort Worth area to raise the quality of care and lower the cost. Tuesday's announcement did not mention a number, but a spokesman said the ACO would initially involve about 21,000 members and could double in size in a year. It will launch sometime this year.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts