Deadbeat docs owe government millions
The government has seized tax refunds and unemployment checks, claimed judgments against them in federal court, banned them from billing Medicare and Medicaid, even posted their names on a public shaming list. Yet 930 medical professionals nationwide remain in default, owing the government more than $116 million for loans many stopped repaying more than 18 years ago.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor