IL health system hires executive from troubled Dallas hospital
The head of Cook County's public health system has hired a new top-level executive who resigned last year from a public hospital in Dallas that the federal government determined was a "serious threat to patient health and safety." Dr. John Jay Shannon was hired to a new $400,000-a-year post that includes overseeing operations at Stroger Hospital and ensuring quality and patient safety throughout the Health and Hospitals System as part of a reorganization.
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction