IL health system hires executive from troubled Dallas hospital
The head of Cook County's public health system has hired a new top-level executive who resigned last year from a public hospital in Dallas that the federal government determined was a "serious threat to patient health and safety." Dr. John Jay Shannon was hired to a new $400,000-a-year post that includes overseeing operations at Stroger Hospital and ensuring quality and patient safety throughout the Health and Hospitals System as part of a reorganization.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts