Cleveland surgeon gives hospital $3 million
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Southwest General Hospital has received its largest gift ever -- a $3 million donation -- from one of its own doctors. Dr. Vasu Pandrangi and his wife, Lisa, gave the $3 million toward the Middleburg Heights hospital's capital campaign for an expansion project. Pandrangi, a plastic and reconstructive surgeon, has been on the hospital's staff since 1981. "I built my career at Southwest," he said. "It has been a great environment in which to develop professionally and personally."
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%