Baptist Health to lay off 170 across company
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Baptist Health says it will lay off 170 workers across its network in Arkansas. The hospital organization said Tuesday the layoffs will mainly affect workers who aren't nurses. Arkansas Business reports the job cuts are expected to be completed by the end of the week. Baptist Health has 73,000 workers and hospitals in Little Rock, North Little Rock, Arkadelphia, Heber Springs and Stuttgart. Spokesman Mark Lowman says the cuts will not affect quality of care.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts