Hospital to reduce pay for weekend employees
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Weekend employees in the Huntsville Hospital system are facing a 50 cent per hour reduction in pay. The savings may be up to $500,000 annually, according to Jeff Samz, chief operating officer at Huntsville Hospital. Samz confirmed to The Huntsville Times/al.com today that the changes will affect 348 employees. The changes will go into effect Oct. 13 and will affect only employees at Huntsville Hospital facilities in Madison County. Samz said Huntsville Hospital has a program for employees who work every weekend to receive a higher rate of pay. The pay scale for working a shift outside of the weekend will not be affected.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts