Anthem's Maine network plan draws scores of critics
Hundreds of central Maine residents turned out for a public hearing Thursday to criticize the pending partnership between Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield and the parent company of Maine Medical Center. Anthem, the state's largest health insurer, and MaineHealth, the state's largest network of hospitals and care providers, are planning to offer an insurance network on the health care exchange to be created in Maine under the federal Affordable Care Act.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law