Orlando Health nurses rallying for unions
Orlando Health nurses rallyed this morning for unions at Lake Eola, according to a press release from the National Nurses Organizing Committee. According to the release, pay cuts are expected to cause the loss of 90 indirect jobs and have a $12 million economic impact in the community. Orlando Health delayed some of the pay cuts until January, originally announced in early August. Dr. Jamal Hakim is Orlando Health Inc.'s interim CEO after Sherrie Sitarik was ousted by the board Sept. 26.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'