BlueCross CEO Bill Gracey takes health care personally
From Bill Gracey's perspective, the tangled mess of health care seems like a surmountable problem. Gracey is CEO of BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, and his career has run the gamut. He has worked in psych wards, community hospitals, teaching hospitals, rural hospitals, doctors' practices and home health agencies. Before joining BlueCross in 2010, he held top executive positions at other major Nashville-area health care companies, such as HCA and LifePoint. He spoke with Tennessean reporter Shelley DuBois about his vision for the industry.
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Six Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives