$400,000 paycheck for new WY hospital CEO
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center's new chief executive officer earns $400,000 a year. Margo Karsten officially started Feb. 1 and has a three-year contract with the board. She was interim CEO before that, starting in September 2013 when the hospital's former leader, John Lucas, retired. Karsten was hired as the interim chief operating officer in July 2013. Her compensation plan as CEO also includes an incentive package that bases additional pay on achieving goals. These goals are in areas like quality of patient care, patient satisfaction, employee engagement and finances.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- 5 Digital Marketing Efforts Every Hospital Should Try
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians