Wait times to see a VA doctor an issue for MI veterans
U.S. Congressman Gary Peters heard from local veterans about their personal experiences at Veteran Administration health facilities — in the wake of a scandal in parts of the country involving patient care records. A standing room only crowd turned up at the Michigan Veterans Foundation to voice their concerns about the wait for medical care through the VA reports WWJ's Marie Osborne. "Pitiful," said Navy veteran Horace Anderson in reaction to the scandal. "Pitiful and I hate to say it but sometimes it's kind of expected." Although he says he's satisfied with his care through the VA, it sometimes takes up to three weeks to be seen.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013