Highmark CEO ousted by board
Highmark President and CEO William Winkenwerder is out after less than two tumultuous years at the region's biggest health insurer. Highmark's board met Tuesday and decided to replace Winkenwerder with David Holmberg, who is CEO of Highmark's HVHC Inc., the third-largest provider of manager care visions care products and services in the country and the seventh-largest global distributor of eyewear worldwide. Winkenwerder, 60, came to Highmark in July 2012. "This is about accelerating the pace of change," Chief Communications Officer David Carter said Wednesday. Holmberg has a "consumer-focused skill set."
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013