Florida hospitals back plan to make specialists available in emergencies
South Florida Sun-Sentinel, December 3, 2007
Thirteen hospitals in Palm Beach County, FL, support a regional call schedule designed to direct emergency patients to specialists quickly. The plan, however, could be blocked by doctors or a state regulator with final say.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts