California allows hospitals to delay seismic upgrades
Los Angeles Times, December 11, 2007
Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has approved new rules that allow many hospitals to bypass the extremely costly building reinforcements the state ordered after a 1994 earthquake. Schwarzenegger is permitting some hospitals to keep operating until 2020 even though the state says they are most likely to crumple during a major seismic event.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios