California allows hospitals to delay seismic upgrades
Los Angeles Times, December 11, 2007
Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has approved new rules that allow many hospitals to bypass the extremely costly building reinforcements the state ordered after a 1994 earthquake. Schwarzenegger is permitting some hospitals to keep operating until 2020 even though the state says they are most likely to crumple during a major seismic event.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers