Keeping patients from landing back in the hospital
Hospitals are taking steps to prevent patients from landing back in the hospital after discharge due to complications that could have been prevented with better follow-up care. Nearly 18 percent of Medicare patients admitted to a hospital are readmitted within 30 days of discharge, according to the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission, and the trend accounts for $15 billion in spending.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers