Can Catholic ethics withstand two hospitals’ consolidation?
The planned consolidation of Froedtert & Community Health with Columbia St. Mary's in Wisconsin would be the largest of its type since hospitals began forming healthcare systems more than two decades ago. The move will bring its share of challenges, but the two healthcare systems say religion will be a manageable one.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth