NJ lawmakers OK bill to reduce injuries in healthcare institutions
Philadelphia Inquirer, December 17, 2007
The New Jersey legislature has passed the Safe Patient Handling Act, a bill meant to reduce injuries to hospital and nursing home employees and patients. The bill requires the healthcare facilities to develop plans to minimize manual lifting by employees.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- The secret committee behind our soaring healthcare costs