NJ lawmakers OK bill to reduce injuries in healthcare institutions
Philadelphia Inquirer, December 17, 2007
The New Jersey legislature has passed the Safe Patient Handling Act, a bill meant to reduce injuries to hospital and nursing home employees and patients. The bill requires the healthcare facilities to develop plans to minimize manual lifting by employees.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer