Senators craft pared-down Medicare plan
Wall Street Journal (subscription required), December 18, 2007
In an attempt to prevent a reduction in Medicare payments to physicians that is scheduled to hit Jan. 1, senators have been working on a pared-down plan to send to President Bush. To attract Republican support and avert a veto, the $6 billion package would be funded with relatively uncontroversial Medicare cuts.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care