Escape prompts hospital scrutiny
Washington Post, January 3, 2008
The escape of Kelvin D. Poke from Laurel (MD) Regional Hospital prompted scrutiny of how prisoners are guarded in hospitals. Poke's was the second escape from Laurel Regional Hospital since November, and the two incidents have rattled the Prince George's County Council member who represents Laurel, and led a correctional officers union representative to call for keeping guns out of hospitals.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts