How family doctors can make a difference in hospital care
The Wall Street Journal (subscription required), January 3, 2008
Hospitalists represent the fastest growing medical specialty of this decade, and hospitalist programs are often touted as a way to reduce length of stay and decrease costs. But Dr. Benjamin Brewer questions whether hospitalists inherently lack critical information about patients' care in a hospital without electronic medical records.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US