The couch in the corner office
Inc Magazine, January 3, 2008
Sometimes CEOs need an understanding ear--but they worry that confiding in a colleague isn't safe or smart. In order to speak freely, sometimes they hire someone from outside the office, like Leslie G. Mayer, an ear-for-hire. As founder of the Mayer Leadership Group, in Radnor, Pennsylvania, and a senior fellow at Wharton, she says she has listened to and advised dozens of top executives at companies large and small Recently, Mayer spoke with editor-at-large Leigh Buchanan about the personalities she has met in corner offices.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US