Illinois hospital safety reports past due
Chicago Tribune, January 7, 2008
Four years after the state passed two groundbreaking laws designed to shed light on hospital safety and performance, the Illinois Hospital Report Card has not been published. Nor has the Illinois Consumer Guide to Health Care, a separate study of medical care at hospitals and surgery centers. A third project focused on serious medical errors was set to start on the first day of 2008 but is nowhere near ready to launch.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts