MBA team prescribes changes in South Carolina hospital ER
The State, January 10, 2008
Palmetto Health Richland in Columbia, SC, will change the way ER patients are handled based upon recommendations from a team of MBA students at the University of South Carolina. The changes will include requiring medical staff to use checklists for procedures. The changes also will include hiring staff to be patient flow coordinators to track patients from start to finish through admission, diagnosis and treatment.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program