Family sues Pennsylvania hospital over newborn twin’s death
Philadelphia Inquirer, January 11, 2008
The family of a newborn twin who died after what a Pennsylvania hospital acknowledges was a medication error has filed a lawsuit against the hospital. An overdose of the medicine sent both babies into cardiac arrest, which caused the twins "catastrophic and permanent injuries," according to the lawsuit against Geisinger Medical Center in Danville.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts