Family sues Pennsylvania hospital over newborn twin’s death
Philadelphia Inquirer, January 11, 2008
The family of a newborn twin who died after what a Pennsylvania hospital acknowledges was a medication error has filed a lawsuit against the hospital. An overdose of the medicine sent both babies into cardiac arrest, which caused the twins "catastrophic and permanent injuries," according to the lawsuit against Geisinger Medical Center in Danville.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'