Pennsylvania hospital fires union workers
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, January 11, 2008
In a dramatic move, all unionized employees at Aliquippa (PA) Community Hospital have been fired. The $22.75 million sale of the acute-care hospital to Commonwealth Medical Center was approved Nov. 30 in Beaver County Common Pleas Court, after efforts to recover from bankruptcy faltered and the hospital moved from nonprofit to for-profit status.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers