Dennis Quaid says hospital misled him
AP/Yahoo News, January 15, 2008
Actor Dennis Quaid said staff at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles misled him while his newborn twins were being treated there, telling him the children were "fine" while the infants were suffering from blood thinning medicine overdose. The hospital said it has taken steps to provide more training to staff and review all policies and procedures involving high-risk medication.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer