Dennis Quaid says hospital misled him
AP/Yahoo News, January 15, 2008
Actor Dennis Quaid said staff at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles misled him while his newborn twins were being treated there, telling him the children were "fine" while the infants were suffering from blood thinning medicine overdose. The hospital said it has taken steps to provide more training to staff and review all policies and procedures involving high-risk medication.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013