West Penn health system picks ’results oriented’ CEO
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, January 16, 2008
Christoper Olivia, MD, has been tapped as the new CEO of West Penn Allegheny Health System. The 45-year-old hospital executive and practicing ophthalmologist is currently chief executive officer of the nonprofit Cooper Health System in southern New Jersey. West Penn Allegheny has been without a permanent CEO since July 2007, when Jerry Fedele left abruptly amid internal disagreements about a systemwide consolidation.
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream