West Penn health system picks ’results oriented’ CEO
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, January 16, 2008
Christoper Olivia, MD, has been tapped as the new CEO of West Penn Allegheny Health System. The 45-year-old hospital executive and practicing ophthalmologist is currently chief executive officer of the nonprofit Cooper Health System in southern New Jersey. West Penn Allegheny has been without a permanent CEO since July 2007, when Jerry Fedele left abruptly amid internal disagreements about a systemwide consolidation.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus