California hospital sued in alleged dumping of patient
Los Angeles Times, January 18, 2008
Civil rights attorneys have sued Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center in connection with the alleged dumping of a paraplegic man on skid row. The suit was filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court on behalf of the man, and seeks unspecified punitive and compensatory damages against the hospital for alleged elder abuse, negligence and infliction of emotional distress.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care