Washington governor touts nursing program
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, January 18, 2008
Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire is proposing a $3 million program for hospitals, community colleges to train current healthcare workers for nursing jobs. Gregoire says that with the state nursing shortage, nurse assistants, surgical technicians and other workers could be trained on the job and become registered nurses.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus