Massachusetts hospitals post data on Web about patient bed sore rates
Boston Globe, January 22, 2008
Massachusetts hospitals have revealed the rates of pressure ulcers their patients have acquired during hospital stays. The measures follow criteria used by the National Quality Forum, and the rates are compared with state averages for hospitals of similar size and type, said representatives from the Massachusetts Hospital Association. Only two hospitals had rates significantly above average.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts