Massachusetts hospitals post data on Web about patient bed sore rates
Boston Globe, January 22, 2008
Massachusetts hospitals have revealed the rates of pressure ulcers their patients have acquired during hospital stays. The measures follow criteria used by the National Quality Forum, and the rates are compared with state averages for hospitals of similar size and type, said representatives from the Massachusetts Hospital Association. Only two hospitals had rates significantly above average.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'