Illinois hospital cancels merger bid
Chicago Tribune, January 25, 2008
Representatives from Lake Forest (IL) Hospital have officially withdrawn their proposal to merge with the parent of Condell Medical Center in Libertyville. In a memo to Lake Forest Hospital employees, administrators said the hospital will continue expansion plans in Lake County that include spending $70 million to add an outpatient surgery center at the Grayslake Outpatient & Acute Care Center.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse