Illinois hospital cancels merger bid
Chicago Tribune, January 25, 2008
Representatives from Lake Forest (IL) Hospital have officially withdrawn their proposal to merge with the parent of Condell Medical Center in Libertyville. In a memo to Lake Forest Hospital employees, administrators said the hospital will continue expansion plans in Lake County that include spending $70 million to add an outpatient surgery center at the Grayslake Outpatient & Acute Care Center.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised