South Florida healthcare professionals sentenced for Medicare fraud
Orlando Sentinel, January 25, 2008
Owners of nine separate Miami-based healthcare corporations have been sentenced to prison terms, according to federal prosecutors with the Southern District of Florida. The defendants had filed fraudulent Medicare claims amounting to more than $56 million in unnecessary durable medical equipment and infusion therapy.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care