MedStar Health’s new CEO grew up with the organization
Baltimore Sun, January 25, 2008
Kenneth A. Samet is the new president and CEO of MedStar Health, a seven-hospital system in the Baltimore-Washington, DC, region where he has career-long ties. Samet and others believe he is taking over MedStar at a time when health systems will be growing again, in size and in importance. Several systems such as MedStar lost money during recent years when hospital rates were squeezed. "I'm proud of building the MedStar of today, but any time you have new leadership you get an opportunity to bring new focus," Samet told the Baltimore Sun.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?