MedStar Health’s new CEO grew up with the organization
Baltimore Sun, January 25, 2008
Kenneth A. Samet is the new president and CEO of MedStar Health, a seven-hospital system in the Baltimore-Washington, DC, region where he has career-long ties. Samet and others believe he is taking over MedStar at a time when health systems will be growing again, in size and in importance. Several systems such as MedStar lost money during recent years when hospital rates were squeezed. "I'm proud of building the MedStar of today, but any time you have new leadership you get an opportunity to bring new focus," Samet told the Baltimore Sun.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus