MedStar Health’s new CEO grew up with the organization
Baltimore Sun, January 25, 2008
Kenneth A. Samet is the new president and CEO of MedStar Health, a seven-hospital system in the Baltimore-Washington, DC, region where he has career-long ties. Samet and others believe he is taking over MedStar at a time when health systems will be growing again, in size and in importance. Several systems such as MedStar lost money during recent years when hospital rates were squeezed. "I'm proud of building the MedStar of today, but any time you have new leadership you get an opportunity to bring new focus," Samet told the Baltimore Sun.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital