Atlanta hospital board’s chief to lead hospital
Atlanta Journal-Constitution, January 30, 2008
Grady Memorial Hospital's board has ousted chief executive Otis Story , effective immediately, and his position will be filled temporarily by the Atlanta hospital board's chairwoman, state Rep. Pam Stephenson. The decision to fire Story apparently was made following the Grady board's vote to approve a long-discussed plan to transfer power over hospital policy from the Grady board to a nonprofit corporation. Stephenson said she will temporarily give up her law practice to become a full-time executive for Grady.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts