Ohio AG wants poor to pay same for care as insurance companies
Cleveland Plain Dealer, January 31, 2008
Ohio Attorney General Marc Dann wants to ensure that the state's poor and uninsured pay the same prices for medical care as insurance companies. The move is part of Dann's push to define what nonprofit hospitals must do for their communities to remain exempt from paying property taxes. He is concerned that uninsured patients pay high prices for procedures because they do not get the hefty discounts that insurance companies negotiate.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives