Bill: Atlanta hospital board member can’t be CEO
Atlanta Journal-Constitution, February 1, 2008
State Rep. Mike Jacobs (R-Atlanta) has filed a bill to prohibit the head of the Grady Memorial Hospital board from also serving as the hospital CEO. The legislation came the day after Grady board chairwoman Pam Stephenson announced the board had fired hospital CEO Otis Story and named her to temporarily replace him at the Atlanta facility. Jacobs called Stephenson's new position "a conflict of interest of epic proportions."
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data