Approval process for new hospitals should change, Florida governor says
Orlando Sentinel, February 4, 2008
Florida Gov. Charlie Crist has recommended a repeal of the certificate-of-need process for new acute-care hospitals in the state and replace it with a licensing process. Ending certificates of need would "increase competition and efficiency in the healthcare marketplace and provide Floridians with greater access to quality services," Crist's said in his budget message.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments