Approval process for new hospitals should change, Florida governor says
Orlando Sentinel, February 4, 2008
Florida Gov. Charlie Crist has recommended a repeal of the certificate-of-need process for new acute-care hospitals in the state and replace it with a licensing process. Ending certificates of need would "increase competition and efficiency in the healthcare marketplace and provide Floridians with greater access to quality services," Crist's said in his budget message.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers