Alabama children’s hospital among best for nursing care
Birmingham News, February 8, 2008
Birmingham, AL-based Children's Health System has achieved "magnet recognition" from the American Nurses Credential Center. Children's is only the second hospital in Alabama to earn the distinction, with UAB Hospital achieving magnet status in 2002. The hospital spent four years preparing for the program and had an extensive site visit last year for officials with the national nurse organization to review the hospital's nursing practices.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer