Alabama children’s hospital among best for nursing care
Birmingham News, February 8, 2008
Birmingham, AL-based Children's Health System has achieved "magnet recognition" from the American Nurses Credential Center. Children's is only the second hospital in Alabama to earn the distinction, with UAB Hospital achieving magnet status in 2002. The hospital spent four years preparing for the program and had an extensive site visit last year for officials with the national nurse organization to review the hospital's nursing practices.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts