Hospital safety takes page out of Top Gun manual
Chicago Tribune, February 12, 2008
Six Provena Health hospitals in the Chicago area have hired LifeWings Partners LLC to reduce errors by standardizing their obstetrics departments' procedures and staff communications, using practices similar to what pilots follow. Six months after Provena employed the LifeWings method, miscommunication reports are down 50 percent, said Provena service line administrator Joan Cappelletti.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms