Children’s Hospital in Seattle eyes condo complex for expansion
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, February 12, 2008
Children's Hospital and Regional Medical Center in Seattle plans to grow into a neighboring condominium complex, and the hospital has started buying condos in the 6-acre Laurelon Terrace complex. So far, the hospital has bought 21 of Laurelon's 136 units. Supporters of a proposal for the hospital to buy the entire complex all at once say it could lessen the effect of the hospital's planned expansion.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest