Only hospital in Lancaster, TX, to close its doors
Dallas Morning News, February 13, 2008
Medical Center at Lancaster (TX) will close after 25 years of operation. Hospital spokesman Joe Poulos said the hospital was probably headed for bankruptcy. In recent years, the hospital faced obstacles such as competition, high levels of unpaid patient bills and low payment rates from HMOs, Poulos said.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions