With legal hurdles apparently remedied, Oviedo, FL, awaits first hospital
Orlando Sentinel, February 13, 2008
Florida's First District Court of Appeal has turned down an appeal by Central Florida Regional Hospital, clearing the way Health Management Associates to construct a hospital in Oviedo, FL. HMA is still looking for land on which to build its 60-bed hospital, which is expected to operate in partnership with Orlando Regional Healthcare System.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts