Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center continuing to expand
Orlando Sentinel, February 14, 2008
Despite possible competition from a planned hospital in Poinciana, the Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center in Davenport is continuing to expand. Heart of Florida will add a fourth and fifth floor to increase its services and number of beds to keep up with the rapidly growing population in Polk County. The fourth floor alone will make way for more surgery rooms and add more than 100 new beds. It is scheduled to open in August 2008.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer