Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center continuing to expand
Orlando Sentinel, February 14, 2008
Despite possible competition from a planned hospital in Poinciana, the Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center in Davenport is continuing to expand. Heart of Florida will add a fourth and fifth floor to increase its services and number of beds to keep up with the rapidly growing population in Polk County. The fourth floor alone will make way for more surgery rooms and add more than 100 new beds. It is scheduled to open in August 2008.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts