Demonstrators push Cook County, IL, to boost funding for healthcare
Chicago Tribune, February 20, 2008
About 350 doctors, patients and healthcare workers rallied in Chicago to press for increased funding for the Cook County (IL)Bureau of Health Services. Physicians told rallygoers that patients face increasingly long waits for appointments and that working conditions for health professionals have worsened. The rallygoers urged county commissioners to restore funding from cuts imposed during the 2007 budget crunch.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US