House panel OKs Kentucky trauma system
Louisville Courier-Journal, February 22, 2008
The House Health and Welfare Committee has approved a bill aimed at creating a statewide trauma system through Kentucky hospitals. Several trauma physicians who spoke at the committee meeting said expanding Kentucky's current trauma-care system will reduce deaths and disabilities from trauma injuries.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals