Seattle’s Group Health Cooperative to lay off 363 in closure
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, February 26, 2008
Seattle's Group Health Cooperative has told 363 hospital employees they will be laid off as the nonprofit system's begins the closure of its Hospital & Specialty Center. The precise number of people who will be out of work is hard to determine, because some of the affected workers may be hired to fill openings at its outpatient facilities, or at the expanded Overlake Hospital Medical Center, said Group Health representatives.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer