Seattle’s Group Health Cooperative to lay off 363 in closure
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, February 26, 2008
Seattle's Group Health Cooperative has told 363 hospital employees they will be laid off as the nonprofit system's begins the closure of its Hospital & Specialty Center. The precise number of people who will be out of work is hard to determine, because some of the affected workers may be hired to fill openings at its outpatient facilities, or at the expanded Overlake Hospital Medical Center, said Group Health representatives.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'