Seattle’s Group Health Cooperative to lay off 363 in closure
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, February 26, 2008
Seattle's Group Health Cooperative has told 363 hospital employees they will be laid off as the nonprofit system's begins the closure of its Hospital & Specialty Center. The precise number of people who will be out of work is hard to determine, because some of the affected workers may be hired to fill openings at its outpatient facilities, or at the expanded Overlake Hospital Medical Center, said Group Health representatives.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- The Trouble with Hospital Price Transparency
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Discuss Population Health Management
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram