Seattle’s Group Health Cooperative to lay off 363 in closure
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, February 26, 2008
Seattle's Group Health Cooperative has told 363 hospital employees they will be laid off as the nonprofit system's begins the closure of its Hospital & Specialty Center. The precise number of people who will be out of work is hard to determine, because some of the affected workers may be hired to fill openings at its outpatient facilities, or at the expanded Overlake Hospital Medical Center, said Group Health representatives.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts