Raleigh, NC, hospitals to expand at bases
Raleigh News & Observer, February 26, 2008
Both Rex Healthcare and WakeMed Health & Hospitals are plotting big growth plans in Raleigh, NC. Rex Healthcare is planning a $150 million outpatient facility across from its main campus in West Raleigh, NC. At the same time, WakeMed Health & Hospitals is moving forward with plans to build a $99 million inpatient facility at its main campus in East Raleigh. Both projects come as the hospitals develop strategies to manage services while their facilities become strapped for space as the area's growing population demands more healthcare.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer